Sunday, January 15, 2012

Ristorante Bigoli: The Italian Fastfood Place

Bigoli's food

I've been eyeing this restaurant for quite sometime now. For one reason or another, I was sidetracked to try other food places in Eastwood City. When me and my friends decided to have a get-together a few days before the New Year, I saw an opportunity to finally try Ristorante Bigoli.

A quick check on the Internet, you would discover that Ristorante Bigoli is currently situated where Fazoli's once took residence. I haven't tried Fazoli's so I cannot vouch for any similarities of the food between the former establishment with the current one. One thing is for sure, I had an awesome time dining here. Same goes with my friends Henry and Anja. That would be the fact that I can vouch for.

Signage

counter

Anja beaming for the camera

I was quite unprepared with the process of ordering food in Bigoli, with such a diverse selection of food items to choose from, I would rather have the menu given to me while sitting comfortably in my chosen booth. You can just imagine how my heart raced while my eyes rolled from left to right to check out which one to order. We even have a short 'debate' on our way to the counter if we would have the combo pasta and pizza slice or a whole pizza and our own choice of pasta (in my case, steak). Henry, the so-called 'cheapskate' in our group wanted to just have the pizza and pasta combo. My adventurous side wanted to have one whole pizza and our other choice of pasta or dish, Anja chimed in to my request. To cut the story short, Anja and I won. Hooray!

desserts

Henry got scared I guess with the amount of food we ordered since he called my name like a plea when I didn't stop barking off my orders after we ordered our pizza and preferred dishes. Well, then, welcome to my world. *wink*

unlimited bread sticks

While other food establishments had its own unlimited promo (i.e., Mang Inasal's unlimited rice and unlimited Coke and Yabu's unlimited cabbage), Bigoli has unlimited bread sticks. I like the doughy feel of the bread and makes good partner with the dishes we each order.

baked ziti

chicken pasta bigoli

bistecca classic

blissful meat

Anja ordered the Baked Ziti (P160.00), a delectable pasta dish with a creamy sauce and clingy cheese with generous sprinkling of parmesan. Henry decided to have the Chicken Pasta Bigoli (P140.00) a tomato based pasta dish that only have a hint of cheese to it but quite big in flavor. My order of the Bistecca Classic (P280.00) was a delight. The meat surrendered to the knife with just enough force, juice gushed out as I cut through it. As I took the piece of meat in my mouth, it brought forth a peppery spice that I so love it forced me to cut another piece of the meat, and another.

quattro gusto

quattro gusto (up-close)

Then our pizza arrived at our table. The Quattro Gusto (P610.00) supposed to have only four types of pizza. However upon close inspection, it showed us all five kinds of their pizza flavor (Cheese Overload, White Bacon Pizza, Pepperoni Classico, Bigoli Supreme & All Meat). I was only able to try three out of the five flavors that made up this pizza. And my pizza of preference would be the Cheesy Overload. Next time, I'll order a whole pizza of just the Cheesy Overload.

tiramisu

turtle cheesecake

premium coffee stickhouse

Of course, how could we end the meal without having any dessert. The Tiramisu (P60.00) was spongy with a twinge of cream followed by that nice counterpoint of chocolate. The Turtle Cheesecake (P80.00) very much reminded me in appearance of the Black & White Choco Cheesecake I tried in Burgoo but this one is way better. More custardy in consistency and shamelessly made sweet by the studded black and white chocolate chips on top.

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw a StickHouse situated in a stall perpendicular to the counter we ordered so I immediately appropriated a gelato ice cream stick to go along with the dessert. The Premium Coffee Gelato Stick (P80.00) was one of those moan inducing dessert. Rich and creamy punctuated by coffee flavor. Best eaten when its about to melt, it transformed into an elixir of sweet dreams fulfilled. Very much akin to the reaction I had when I first tried their gelato ice cream stick (the milk chocolate variant dipped in dark chocolate with rice crispies) in their SM Megamall branch. By the way, the refillable iced tea cost P180.00.

shaggy me & henry

anja taking a picture of us

its now my turn to take their picture

I was definitely happy that night to be able to see my good friends from way back when I'm still with that former BPO company hear Cainta (Hint, Hint). Especially Anja, which is very elusive these days. The last time that I went out with her was like a year ago when we watched part one of the last installment of Harry Potter. Thanks again, Henry and Anja, my original barkada during my IMPI days. Hope we get to see again in the not too distant future. Hopefully, the next time around with air travel and plane tickets involve. *wink*

ristorante bigoli (eastwood)

As for you Ristorante Bigoli, I'll definitely be back to try your Stromboli and Gambaretti.


Center Plaza, Eastwood City Walk 1
Eastwood City, Libis


(02)421-0416

Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment